To ensure your school’s success in the Grundfos Challenge, we would like to provide you with some helpful pointers regarding the recruitment of students and subsequent creation of well functioning teams.
During the week of Grundfos Challenge, the participating students typically face a large work load with very limited time available. To cope with this situation and achieve a satisfactory result we recommend that the individual teams possess all or most of the areas listed below:
- Creative and solution/problem oriented thinking
- Ability to conduct quantitative/qualitative analyses
- Ability to apply theoretical knowledge in a real world context
- Excellent communication skills
- On their way to completing their masters degree
- Ability to cope with uncertainty
- Excellent team players
- Fluency in written and oral English.
The students will be extremely dependent on their team mates and, based on experience from previous years, the dynamics and collaboration within the team are key success factors. Therefore, spending some time ensuring the best possible team fit (mix of competence and skills) can prove a good investment.