To ensure your college’s success in the Grundfos Challenge, you may use a few useful tips on recruiting students and subsequent creation of well-functioning teams.
During the Grundfos Challenge week, the participating students typically face a large workload with very limited time available. To cope with this situation and achieve a satisfactory result we recommend that the individual teams possess all or most of the characteristics listed below:
- Creativity and solution/problem oriented thinking
- Ability to perform quantitative/qualitative analyses
- Ability to apply theoretical knowledge in a real world context
- Excellent communication skills
- Completing their masters degree
- Ability to cope with uncertainty
- Excellent team players
- Fluency in written and oral English.
The students will be extremely dependent on their team mates and, based on experience from previous years, the dynamics and collaboration within the team are key success factors. Therefore, spending some time ensuring the best possible team fit (mix of competence and skills) can prove to be a good investment.